Join Our Growing World-Class Team
Since 1980, Columbia Manufacturing has provided CNC machining of components, sheet metal, and machined fabrications to the aerospace and other related industries. We are a privately held, comprehensive supplier of high quality, complex hardware throughout the United States and internationally.
Our growing staff of engineers, machinery technicians, welders, fabricators, and assemblers are trained in all aspects of metal fabrication and machining and share a dedication to meeting our customers’ rigorous requirements. Guided by six core values, our vision is to be the supplier of choice to OEM’s in the markets that we serve, delivering value to our stakeholders while recognizing and rewarding our employees.
Our Core Values
- Customers satisfaction – Persistence in all that we do to deliver superior products and services to our customers.
- Continuous Improvement – Creating a culture that embraces change, constantly seeking improvement, elimination of waste and a commitment to quality.
- Honesty, Integrity, and Trust – Maintaining the highest ethical standards, honoring our commitments and being open and honest in all that we do.
- Teamwork – building inclusive teams, utilizing our experiences to identify solutions for our customers.
- Rewarding Work Environment – Providing opportunity, dignity, and respect for our employees in a safe and rewarding environment.
- Empowerment – Sharing information with our employees, customers, and suppliers enabling them to take initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our products and services.
Columbia Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and may be subject to our random drug testing program depending on where they are assigned to work.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package that includes, among other benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer several options for medical insurance, dental insurance, and 401(k) plan with a Company match.
When you apply for a position at Columbia Manufacturing your application is submitted to the Human Resources department. Your resume will be kept on file for one year after submission. You may submit your application for each individual opening in which you are interested. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Columbia Human Resources. Note: This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Columbia Manufacturing Inc., an aerospace company has immediate openings for the following positions.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will manage all day to day operations of the Accounting function. The position requires a professional with strong general ledger, cost accounting, and analytical skills along with a working knowledge of internal controls and the ability to be hands-on with all financial aspects of the Company’s ERP system. The accounting manager will make recommendations to improve and/or develop company policies and procedures and collaborate with the management to streamline financial operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Monthly and year-end closing processes including preparation of journal entries
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Inventory, job costing, and related analysis
- All aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Credit and collection activities
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Working with external audit firm in support of the Company’s annual audit
- Daily cash flow and cash management
- Collaborating with the Company’s suppliers and customers, as necessary.
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments including manufacturing operations, procurement, sales and IT.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Advanced degree or CPA a plus. At least 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical Skills: Strong computer acumen. Working knowledge of enterprise-wide software and ad hoc reporting tools (SQL and Crystal Reports) a plus. Prior experience with Infor Visual Manufacturing a big plus. Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Operational Skills: Strong working knowledge of GAAP financial analysis data communication skills.
- Personal Skills: Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks. Able to work independently but within a team-oriented environment. Good written and oral communications. A desire to grow in the job, be challenged and take on additional responsibilities.
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and 401(k) and paid time off.
We are looking for an experienced quality engineer looking to take the next step in their career. This individual needs to have high energy, a passion for process, and a driving a culture of quality and excellence. The right person will have relevant experience in the aerospace industry in new product introduction, statistical process control, FMEA and PFMEA, 8D analysis, root cause, and corrective action, just to name a few. Experience in a machine shop environment and with VISUAL manufacturing is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implement an effective SPC program in all shop areas.
- Conduct Gage R&R / MSA studies for all significant gaging and gage types.
- Improve MRB process for nonconforming materials.
- Lead Pratt & Whitney & GE Aviation FAI & ECAV for new and returning part numbers.
- Obtain certification as DQR Release Agent for Pratt & Whitney & GE Aviation products.
- Provide lead on developing PFMEA’s & Control Plans and establish KPI’s.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Establish a program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualified candidate must demonstrate training ability and be able to support internal and external customer needs. They must be committed to quality, safety, and communication and be a team player. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in an aerospace quality environment.
- Familiarity Pratt & Whitney and/or GE Aviation quality systems.
- Possesses a working knowledge of machining and shop manufacturing.
- Computer literate and understands production tools, systems, and documentation such as bills of material and MRP.
- Possess good communication skills, written and verbal.
- The individual should demonstrate the willingness to cross-functional/position boundaries, as well as learn and accept responsibility for tasks typically associated with other team positions